Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hitchhiking Staffie

Options
  • 14-07-2007 10:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,874 ✭✭✭

justoffthetrain_web.jpg

Hitchhiking Dog arrives in Athlone by train On Monday 25th June a Staffordshire Bull Terrier made its way to Athlone on a train heading from Dublin to the Gaeltacht. It is not known where the dog joined the train. The dog appeared alone on the train as it entered Athlone and departed the train with a concerned passenger. The concerned passenger contacted the station staff, who were extremely helpful and caring.They got the phone number to ASPCA from Athlone Advertiser. The dog was taken to the local vet and examined, treated for injuries and vaccinated. It was then taken to the Dog Pound in Mullingar to be cared for. The dog is very friendly and really appreciated the care and attention it received suggesting it is a well cared for family pet

Queries directed to me please as he is now an EGAR dog.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,959 ✭✭✭Nala

He must have heard about the ban and decided to leg it!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 444 ✭✭Vinnie K

Nala wrote:
    He must have heard about the ban and decided to leg it!!!!!

Either that or he wanted to learn irish. he's a cute little fella. Would it be a possabillity to make up posters and get them put up in the stations along the line he came on? My staffie went missing for a hour a while back and i was up the wall looking for him. It just shows the importance of a dog tag with owners number on it and a chip!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

I'm wondering was he put on the train and strayed on purpose?.

Poor little fella.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 488 ✭✭SuzyS1972

It's possible
    I picked up a little jrt in D'olier Street last winter that had gotten off the 25X bus from Lucan
    Advertised him no end and no-one ever came forward for him
    Just makes me wonder how NO-ONE on a bus at 8am noticed the poor little divil - people love to bury their heads in the sand !

Hope he is re-united soon - looks a lovely boy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

EGAR wrote:
    The dog was taken to the local vet and examined,treated for injuries and vaccinated. .

On reading this a second time I copped onto this!.

Do you know what kind of injuried, and are they consistant with dog fighting?.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 444 ✭✭Vinnie K

Mairt wrote:
    On reading this a second time I copped onto this!.

Do you know what kind of injuried, and are they consistant with dog fighting?.

Only copped that now myself, doubt that he was a fighting dog, no marks on his face or troath.

Edit: Just looking at his pic again, he's a beautiful dog, if someones not looking for him its an absolute disgrace!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,874 ✭✭✭EGAR

If he has scars/ wounds from dogfighting then I would not be looking for his owner!

He has had mange and secondary skin infections.

Advertisement